About Us » Concept
Council aims to attain the objectives through the principle of "Self
Help, Participation and Prosperity".
Major innovative concepts developed and implemented by VFPCK are as follows
Self Help Groups
Self Help Groups
are the backbone of VFPCK. SHGs are groups of farmers with identified common
objectives, tasks, group identities and neighbourhood. It is a system where all
members work together to address problems and utilize opportunities through participatory
action after co-operative decision making for the overall development of members.
The Council is moulding the SHGs as the basic local institutional units for introducing
innovative interventions in horticulture. At present Council have nearly 9708 SHGs and about 1.94 lakhs farmers.
Features of VFPCK Self Help Groups
SHG is a basic platform for
- Voluntary group of 15-20 commercial fruit and vegetable cultivators.
- Formed on neighbourhood principle.
- Function observing a set of mutually agreed norms.
- Have regular meetings, discussions and common decisions.
Master farmer Concept - Moulding leaders among farming community
- Increased social interaction
- Collective bargaining
- Quality input sourcing
- Advanced production technology and production planning
- Micro finance.
- Development of farmer market.
- Problem solving.
- Total empowerment of farmers.
SHGs select Master farmers to lead the group in the areas of Production , Credit & Marketing . The trained master farmers accelerates the acceptance of novel ideas among fellow farmersOffice-less Extension - Technology at farmers' doorstep
Vibrant team of extension personnel is committed to take the technologies to the farmers' field. The concept of lab-to-land transfer of technology is practiced in the true sense.